Meeting the Changing Needs of Families
Whether your loved one needs just a little home assistance or 24/7 extended care, we provide
personalized home care services to fit every family situation. While our services are designed to
ensure the happiness and well-being of our clients, we also understand the needs of families
to achieve peace of mind for their loved-one’s well-being and safety.
Select one of our care service specialties to read real stories from our families.
Sometimes a family member just needs a little assistance around the house.
Assistance following surgery, injury, or extended illness speeds recovery.
Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care
Specially-trained caregivers support clients with Alzheimer's and other memory loss.
Specially trained staff handle the unique needs of hospice/palliative clients.
Support for families at a moment’s notice or for scheduled assistance.
Support and advocacy for low-income care services.
Building a Personalized Care Plan
All our services are provided at a flat hourly rate based on the number of hours you use. For the
same cost of an average long-term care facility, our clients can afford 70+ hours of in-home
care per week. Our services also help offset other costs such as cleaning services or cab fare.
Let your caregiver perform housekeeping needs such as sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, and window washing.
- Light housekeeping
- Laundry and linen washing
- Care for houseplants
- Take out garbage
- Organize and clean closets
- Care for pets
Having someone to talk to and visit with can provide the stimulation and socialization we all need to live a happier life. HomeChoice® caregivers provide that companionship.
- Play games / cards
- Escort to plays, concerts, religious services
- Recreational activities and crafts
- Attend club meetings and sporting events
- Help with reading
- Plan visits, outings and trips
Physical Well Being
It’s important to stay active and make physical exercise a part of your regular routine. We also provide special recuperative care to maintain your physical abilities at the level before an injury or illness.
- Assist with walking
- Exercise and physical activity
- Recuperative assistance
Running the Household
We can help schedule your doctor, hair or other appointments for you. Organize and mail your bills or letters. We can even provide assurance that your lawn care and home repairs are being done to your satisfaction.
- Write letters and correspondence / organize mail
- Answer the door
- Supervise home maintenance
- Arrange reminders and appointments
- Errand and transportation services
Diet and Nutrition
Your caregiver will help you prepare healthy meals of your choice. They’ll even get the groceries and keep your kitchen organized.
- Grocery shopping
- Meal preparation
- Special diet monitoring
Have you ever been aggravated finding a TV channel or adding a contact to your cell phone? We can help simplify your everyday technology frustrations.
- Set your TV channels
- Record a special program
- Reset clocks after a time change or power outage
- Change smoke detector batteries
- Coordinate computer help
- Assist with installation of emergency alert monitoring service
Our caregivers can assist you with personal needs such as bathing, dressing, and bathroom needs. We can also monitor and remind you to take your medications.
- Assist with morning wake-up
- Bathing, grooming, and dressing assistance
- Toileting and incontinence assistance
- Salon / barber / manicure appointments
- Change linens and make beds
- Assist with evening tuck-in
- Medication reminders
- Accompany to doctor and report results to family if requested
Lifeline® Medical Alert Systems
Get help at the touch of a button. HomeChoice installs Philips Lifeline medical alert systems.
- 24/7 assistance at the touch of a button
- Water-resistant, long-range activator
- Supports people who choose independence
- Connecting you to the ones you love and the ones you need
Learn more about Lifeline »
Concierge Personal Assistance
Our personal assistants can help you with all sorts of errands and chores. We provide concierge services to help you stay independent in your home or independent living facility. We are an approved provider of assistance services at Walden Place in Iowa City and Keystone Place in Cedar Rapids.